Thursday, February 12, 2015

Big Sister

Disclaimer: I wrote this for almost an hour on a break from study time. Its raw and unedited. Enjoy reading!

**********

I was blessed with 3 siblings i call my folks
A Kuya i never met, 2 Ates who always invokes (ahem)
We grew side to side, we know each other day or night
We love, we used to cuddle, we sometimes fight.

In spite our different personalities,
We understand each others inconsistencies
We have a leader our big sister,
Who is always there and never falter.

When i was young, she used to teach me how to write;
Even my name, and never gets tired of teaching me till i get it right;
She taught me how to read even if i did not understand,
She never faltered, never retreated, never surrendered.

She always combs my hair from my forehead towards the back,
That is every time i went to kindergarten school way way back.
She always makes sure that i get dressed my best every sabbath day
For she knew we must look and feel good, for its not an ordinary day.

For all the things that she did (and still doing) for me, i will always be thankful.
My heart will always be happy, will always be grateful.
Now that i am an adult, i clearly understand,
Why she never submitted to falter, to retreat, and to surrender in any errand.

We continue to be different in so many ways,
Yet i never fail to show my respect and love for her in all days,
For i know that in forever and a day she will always be my sister,
And i will always be her little brother.

********************

Happy Birthday Atchii!  wala man ko gift kay wala work... kini na lang ako g compose.. :-)

Much Alooooooohaaaa from me to you...

They say life begins at 40! Hihi. D bitaw ko sure if 40 naka... Murag 35 pa man guru? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment