Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The NeYo Experience...

One of the best live performances that I’ve ever seen in my entire life is NeYo’s. He does not only sing perfectly but dance as well. I am pretty sure a lot of oldies don’t know him or even his music but he is very popular with the new generation. I say the new generation because I am part of it (oopss walang kokontra!.. hehe). Let me tell you what happened before we got inside Blaisdell Arena where the concert was held. If you happen to read my previous blog, you’ll be able to figure out the gist of what I am going to transmit. First and foremost, the concert was held last January 5th and I was with my fellow NeYo fan Zani Wong our very own BYUH Idol the other year. So much for that, both of us I have to admit were excited to see NeYo live in concert.

I actually thought that we won’t be able to see the concert because we were anticipating that we will arrive late, probably won’t be able to get hold of the car that were supposed to barrow from Joyce, and they might ran out of tickets. Carl and I met to get the car around 4:00pm but because of the delays and circumstances beyond control, we were able to get the car around 5:30 pm. The concert will start at 7:30 in the evening, and we were still on our way going to down town Honolulu at 6:00 pm. The approximate travel time that we could arrive at the concert area is about more or less than 1.5 hours depending on the traffic. I was thinking, “Gosh! I just don’t want to go to town for nothing except to watch NeYo’s concert.” We actually still don’t have our tickets during the time. We still need to purchase it in the ticket booth of Blaisdell Arena. Carl who was driving just listened to Zani who was telling me to prepare so that we won’t get disappointed that much… haha… She was talking about movies that we could possibly watch at the theaters but my mind was really focused on watching the concert. Haha… Good thing we arrived at the venue earlier than we expected. We were still able to purchase our tickets with an upper level accommodation. It was 35 in the upper most level, 45 in the upper level, and 55 bucks on the floor for the tickets and we decided to buy the 45 bucks. It was not that far but it wasn’t near though. It was like a relief when we finally held r pass going into the concert. You can now figure out how we love NeYo’s music. Hehe… Check out the ticket!



The concert started with the local DJ’s heating up the crowd with hip hop music. I think there were actually 3 filipino’s out of the 5 who were rapping and involving the crowd so much. I remember one said, “Philippines pride you all!” There were a lot of people who were watching but the arena was not really full. Below is the stage and one of NeYo's performances.



It was so intense that the people were excited to see NeYo and all of a sudden he went into the stage singing his first song, Because of You. You can hear him sing well but the screams almost cover his performance. It was not bad though, the sound system was really great. He sang most of his popular songs but not all of them.

I really like the first song he rendered and of course, Go On Girl, Miss Independent, and Closer to name a few. I can say that 45 bucks was worth it! Super! Hihi… It was really an amazing experience. He sings better in a live performance than a recording… I would really love to post the videos here but its taking me forever to upload it. I think my connection sucks tonight.. anyways, i got some pictures though.. hehe.. Proof that Zani and me were in it, all the way! hihi..




Before we came back home, we dropped by a restaurant which I forgot the name and ate something. We finally arrived home around 10-ish… I was with Carl, JV, Jasmine, and Zani in the car.

3 comments: